Re: Issue with downloaded manuals

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Issue with downloaded manuals
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 07:39:24 +1000

On 07/04/14 07:10, Jim Long wrote:
If it's of any use to you, I've created fully indexed and searchable PDF
portfolios of the complete documentation sets
I've often wondered, what are some of the things one can do with
these doc sets that one can't do with the bare PDF files?  I
suspect I never do those things, whatever they are, but perhaps
if I knew what they were, I might investigate whether they would
be useful to me.
Open the portfolio into Adobe Reader, enter a search term into the search box at upper right, and press enter or click the binocular icon at the end of the search box. Reader will open a separate small window containing all the search hits and the documents within the portfolio in which they appear. Click on any of the hits to be taken to the relevant part of the document in which it appears.

Nick