Several types of \bar are not engraved

From: Tarik
Subject: Several types of \bar are not engraved
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 13:32:44 +0000 (UTC)

Brand new LilyPond user here. I tried compiling a couple of .ly scores by
other authors, and repeat bars were missing. So I make the tinyexample below
-- entirely derived from the LilyPond documentation of the \bar command --
and find that only 8 of the expected 14 types of \bar are engraved. Where I
have indicated "nothing engraved," there is nothing at all, not even an
ordinary measure bar.

Any insight into what is missing will be much appreciated.

* * * * * *

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c'
{
f1 \bar "|"
f1 \bar "."
g1 \bar "||"
a1 \bar ".|"
b1 \bar ".|."   %NOTHING ENGRAVED
c1 \bar "|.|"
d1 \bar "|."
e1
}

\relative c'
{
f1 \bar ":"             %NOTHING ENGRAVED
g1 \bar "dashed"    %NOTHING ENGRAVED
a1
}

\relative c'