Re: python 2.6 in GUB Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: python 2.6 in GUB Re: LilyPond-Book on Windows
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 15:53:41 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>; "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; "Julien Rioux" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 3:45 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

I pulled Julien's branch directly from his repo in order to update my
version of GUB to his version with Python 2.6.  The LilyPond build
failed, with the error listing below.  I've got the full python.log if
needed.

[...]

Running chmod
('/home/gub/gub/target/freebsd-x86/install/python-2.6.4-root/usr/cross/bin/python-config',
493)

[...]
File "/home/gub/gub/gub/specs/python-2.4.py", line 104, in assert_fine
raise Exception ('Python module failed: ' + module)
Exception: Python module failed: datetime
*** Failed target: freebsd-x86::python

That seems suspicious: the specs are 2.4?  I think that Jan's repository
stated "throw the Python 2.6 switch" somewhere.  Would an equivalent of
that commit be in Julien's branch?

I did wonder about that. I assume GUB is actually running 2.4 at this point, since it seems to be compiling 2.6?

--
Phil Holmes