Wordwrap for \markup attached to note?

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Wordwrap for \markup attached to note?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 16:40:59 -0600

I am looking at the documentation at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/formatting-text#text-alignment

and specifically the part at the end of that section with
the examples of the use of \justify and \wordwrap and I have
been playing with getting it to work for my purposes, but to
no avail.  My guess is that it does not work with a \markup
that is attached to a note.  Specifically, the code below
does not do what I was hoping it would.  It is my attempt to
reduce the example in the documentation cited above to its
simplest terms, but I'm not totally clear on the syntax, so
I'm not sure:

\version "2.19.3"
{
  a4^\markup {
       \column {
         \override #'(line-width . 10)
         \wordwrap {
           "This is a bunch of text which I would like to have wrapped.  Lorem
ipsum catch 'em, smack 'em and so forth"}}}
}

In point of fact, what I would really like is to not have to
specify the line width at all, and have Lilypond decide
based on something like, I suppose, the width of the current
measure.  But in any case, is word-wrap on a \markup
attached to a note possible?