swung and straight at the same time

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: swung and straight at the same time
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:30:47 +0300

Hey LilyPonders,

I am trying to output MIDIs of a piece where I have swung and straight parts
going on at the same time.  I have a little function I use that changes the
entire piece to swung by varying the tempo, but that won’t work here.  What I
need is something that will act directly on notes, multiplying all off-beat
eighth notes by 2/3 and all on-beat eighth notes by 4/3. This’d require a music
function that knows where in a measure notes fall, which’d require a two-pass
mechanism - one that counts notes and another that applies transformations to
counted notes.  Before I spend a day writing the thing, does anyone have one I
could use?

Cheers,
MS