Re: MIDI files

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: MIDI files
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 07:48:25 -0700 (PDT)

Johan Vromans wrote
> I would be interested to take a look at some of these...

Hi Johan,

I think I solved my problem. It had something to do with the resolution of
the midi files, which seem to be of 0.001 seconds. Because of the tempo I
was using, both a 3 beat long and a 2 beat long files were having irrational
durations. For instance, a 2 beat long file should last for 0.85666666...
seconds, which is then rounded to 0.857. Given that, all these files are
slightly shorter or longer than they should, thus not being proportional to
each other. Since my Max MSP patch loops them a really large number of
times, this little difference started to sum up and create a shift in the
beats of two different instruments. Now I simply changed slightly my tempo
and everything works fine.

Take care,
Gilberto