Re: How to catch extent of AccidentalPlacement?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: How to catch extent of AccidentalPlacement?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:14:41 -0500

Harm,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

I can't figure out where that 1.1 comes from, though.

This happens in accidental-placement.cc.  It's the value of width calculated in position_apes.  Looks like it doesn't factor in the offsets to the accidentals.

Yes, this appears to be the culprit leading to the incorrect values from 'X-extent (and calling ly:grob-extent).

Would you mind trying out the attached patch to see if it works in whatever context you need AccidentalPlacement info for?

With your example, I get the same values as with 2.16.2, except in the case of the five-note chord.  The accidentals in later releases are spaced closer, presumably as a result of skyline work.

--David