Re: Bach Cello Suite for Bassoon...Typed in LilyPond!!!

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: Bach Cello Suite for Bassoon...Typed in LilyPond!!!
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:20:37 -0700

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:00:27 -0400
> From: Ryan McClure <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Bach Cello Suite for Bassoon...Typed in LilyPond!!!
>
> Hello all!
>
> I'm currently arranging the Bach Cello Suites for Bassoon. I'm
> arranging them to be more playable on the bassoon (breathing,
> articulations, etc.) with the help of my private teacher. Attached
> is the Praeludium of the first suite--How does it look? I want to
> make this the best edition that I can.
>
> Ryan McClure
> address@hidden
> Music Education Major, Shepherd University
> Luna Music Engraving

Did you try it with ten systems on both pages, instead of nine on the first page, eleven on the second page? Might look more even. Just a thought.

I really like the cover page.

I play the Bach Cello Suites frequently at home, transcribed for horn (by Wendell Hoss), so I can appreciate what you're doing.

Tim