Guitar bends

From: Martyn Quick
Subject: Guitar bends
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 21:24:37 +0100 (BST)

I'm pretty new to using Lilypond, so this may be well established info that I'm asking about.  I've been using various guitar tablature editing software but finding them disappointing in how they behave, much like why I use LaTeX for text documents.

I've found an old file kicking around on the internet which allows the typesetting of bends in guitar tablature.  This is fine for simple bends, but it doesn't handle a pre-bend/release sequence very well.

Has there been an update or further work on the bend input file?

Martyn