Re: Whiteout box function by Thomas Morley / need help

From: Karol Majewski
Subject: Re: Whiteout box function by Thomas Morley / need help
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 16:40:45 +0200

Harm,

this change is related to issue 621:

Now, I do not accept this solution. It is simply against the rules. DynamicText
shouldn't have influence on spacaing. Therefore I prefer whiteout.

So I use:

\context {
  \Staff
  \override DynamicText.extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)
}

Note that your previous function (the one that contains
flexible-stencil-whiteout) works well with DynamiText. But the drawback is that
it doesn't allow to set left and right X-extent.

-- Karol