Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:28:29 +0100

I'm going to meet a Mac user on Saturday who has tried to set up Frescobaldi without success so far. We'll happily do some testing then.

Urs

Davide Liessi <address@hidden> schrieb am 22.04.2014:
Dear Frescobaldi&LilyPond&Mac users,
as some of you may know, I'm trying to make Frescobaldi more
Mac-friendly, by packaging it as a native application bundle inside a
standard DMG disk image.

I would be very grateful if you could test the experimental
application bundle I prepared and report the results and your version
of Mac OS X, especially if you are running 10.7 (Lion) or higher. [1]

You can find a DMG disk image containing the application bundle at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4o65629jv9ytw4/Frescobaldi-2.0.16-dev-20140421.dmg

The test should be harmless: the only collateral effect is that any
change you'll make to the settings inside this application bundle will
be picked up by your usual installation of Frescobaldi, since they'll
share the same preferences file. [2]

Anyway, please be aware that this application bundle is considered
experimental and is built from a development version of Frescobaldi,
so it isn't suitable for everyday use: after the tests I advise you to
delete the application bundle and wait for the next release. [3]

Best wishes.
Davide

[1] My machine runs 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and I currently have only
occasional access to a 10.8 (Mountain Lion) machine.

[2] Actually, if your usual version of Frescobaldi is older than
October 2013, your settings will become inaccessible from that
version, while they will still be accessible from versions of the
program newer than that date.
But if you're running such an old version, you should seriously
consider updating to a newer one: Frescobaldi has improved a whole lot
in the last months!

[3] To avoid messing with your current setup (except for the settings
changes) and forgetting to delete the application bundle after the
test, you can run the application directly from the disk image,
without copying it to the /Applications directory.

lilypond-user mailing list