Re: Ties, Slurs, and Voices Again!

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Ties, Slurs, and Voices Again!
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:30:41 -0700

Pierre, is there a way to combine voice two and three on one stem?

Thomas, thanks, that works.  Did you come up with those numbers by trial and error?

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:10 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm haven't problems with ties, slurs, and voices again, but the previous
> answers don't seem to help.
>
> I have a situation when I have basically two chords, except that the top
> voice moves in a different rhythm from the other two.  Plus the inner voice
> needs a slur and the lower voice needs a tie.  This is the closest I've
> gotten:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \language "english"
>
> {
>
>  \time 5/4
>
>  \key af \major
>
>  <af df' f'>4 <g bf ef'> <c' ef' af'>
>
>  <<
>
>   { bf'8 ( [ ef'' ] c'' ) }
>
>   \\
>
>   {
>
>   <<
>
>    { g'4 ( af'8 ) }
>
>    { ef'4 ~ ef'8 }
>
>   >>
>
>   }
>
>  >>
>
>  r8
>
> }
>

> If you render this, the inner slur and the lower tie are right next to each
> other on the bottom.  I want the slur moved up so that it touches the heads
> of the inner voice's notes.  Any ideas?
>
> Knute Snortum
> (via Gmail)

Hi Knute,

you may want to try the \shape-command:

\version "2.18.2"

\language "english"

 <<
  { bf'8 ( [ ef'' ] c'' ) }
  \\
  {
  <<
   \shape #'((1 . 1.8) (0.7 . 2.2) (-0.1 . 2.05) (-0.1 . 2.0)) Slur
   { g'4( af'8 ) }
   { ef'4 ~ ef'8 }

  }

HTH,