Re: Ties, Slurs, and Voices Again!

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Ties, Slurs, and Voices Again!
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:41:36 -0700 (PDT)

Knute,

I tried some of the more simple tweaks, but they didn't seem to give me what
you wanted. However, here's a *slightly* more advanced tweak that I got to
work:

\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

{
  \time 5/4
  \key af \major
  <af df' f'>4 <g bf ef'> <c' ef' af'>
  <<
    {
      bf'8 ( [ ef'' ] c'' )
    }
    \\
    {
      <<
        {
          \shape #'((0.9 . 1.8) (0.6 . 2.1) (0.3 . 2.1) (0 . 1.8)) Slur  %
<-- make the changes here
          g'4 ( af'8 )
        }
       {
          ef'4 ~ ef'8

  r8
}

The "\shape" procedure takes a scheme list of four (xi . yi) control point
pairs, which appear to be applied as offsets to what LilyPond comes up with
on its own. Thus, the first control point offset (0.9 . 1.8) shifts the
x-coordinate +0.9 staff-spaces and shifts the y-coordinate +1.8 staff-spaces
up (the default slur is actually the lowest line, if you didn't know that).
The other points follow the same philosophy, and don't forget the "Slur" at
the end of the line.

I simply played with the numbers until it looked okay to me (sorry the image
quality isn't so good, but you get the idea):

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n161812/slur-example-fix.png>

I didn't attempt to change the slur for the top voice, but that could use a
small adjustment on the right end, too. Give that a try!

-Abraham