Re: Pull in external LilyPond files into a score of movements

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Pull in external LilyPond files into a score of movements
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:19:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

David Kastrup wrote
>> Your "doScore" function seems to be a workaround for the limitation
>> that music functions can't return a score.
>
> That's not a "limitation".  A music function returning a score makes as
> little sense as an integer function returning a complex number.
>
> If you want to return a score, don't use a music function.

Ok, point taken.  I guess I had not fully internalized the distinction in
the code between music and a score.  At any rate, I did not intend any
criticism of the design or implementation of music functions.  Just glad to
have an example of a way to write a scheme function that returns a score.
That's something I had not been able to figure out on my own before.

-Paul