Re: Diatonic transposition within a key

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Diatonic transposition within a key
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 02:26:46 +0200

Tim McNamara <address@hidden> writes:

> Can I put \modalTranspose inside the existing \transpose?  Or should
> it go outside?  Or will the two hopelessly disagree?  My head hurts
> trying to figure this sort of thing out...

When in doubt, try it out.

It would seem most likely to me that you can use \modalTranspose inside
of the \transpose to transpose according to the scale with which the
music has been entered, and outside of \transpose to transpose according
to the scale with which the music will get printed.

--
David Kastrup