Re: Read multiple lines from an input-pipe

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Read multiple lines from an input-pipe
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:26:17 +0200

Am 29.04.2014 12:24, schrieb Urs Liska:
Hi all,

I'm writing a set of functions to retrieve Git repository information
for use in a score:
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/editorial-tools/git-commands

I'm using a function provided by Lars Haulin in a comment to a blog post
that is essentially the one for open-input-pipe given here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Pipes.html

In addition to what is already there I want to write commands that use
more than one line of the Git commands' output (e.g. print the whole
commit message).
How would I approach that in Scheme?
What I need is for example a list of all strings that the command outputs.
Do I have to write some kind of loop while the pipe is open?
Or is there a way to get the whole output as one string or a list of
strings?

Well, RTFM at least gives a start:
Using read-delimited instead of read-line returns the complete output in one string.

And using (string-split git-function-name #\newline)
provides me with a list of strings.

Next step to find out will be to process this list of strings to a usable markup function ...

Urs