Re: Accents with frescobaldi (OT?)

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Accents with frescobaldi (OT?)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 09:53:07 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I have an annoying issue with frescobaldi.
> To get accented wovels (or whatever accented, cedilled etc) you press
> first the accent then the wovel and the result is the accented wovel.
> But i my configuration:
> - typing accented letters works fine, only in a new file without any
> flavour of markup (-language).
> - typíng them outside of any context rarely works
> - typing them inside of any context (markup, score, relative, lyrics
> etc) also sometimes work. Pressing the accent sets it immediately,
> doesnt wait for wovel
>
> How do I get consistently the "normal" use of accented wovels?

I once asked the same
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/frescobaldi/QswzkvR-f7c and
now I can update the report a bit.

- It's not your fault: all other programs behave well and your
keyboard is properly configured. Only Frescobaldi shows the issue.
- Click the PDF music preview once, then click the text editing area
once, then try typing an accented character, it works once, then try
typing another one, it'll fail. In another words, it works first time
only after clicking in the edit area.
- Disabling the predictive auto-complete setting makes dead keys work.
You can still have auto-completing suggestions on demand, by pressing
ctrl+space.

My current approach is leaving auto-complete on for normal music
coding and comments in English: no accents. Then, for comments and
lyrics in Spanish I change to suggestions on demand and accents can be
typed normally.

The bug comes undoubtedly from a conflict between auto-complete
feature and dead keys. HTH,

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com