Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 11:08:48 +0200

> I would be very grateful if you could test the experimental
> application bundle I prepared and report the results and your version
> of Mac OS X, especially if you are running 10.7 (Lion) or higher.

I tested 2 machines and received reports about 12 machines.
Of these 14 machines, 1 ran 10.6, 1 ran 10.7, 3 ran 10.8 and 9 ran 10.9.

5 of the 10.9 machines and the 10.7 machine exhibited the "splash
screen bug" (reported at
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/428), which is certainly
unrelated to the installation method.
2 of the 10.8 machines had two different glitches, most probably
unrelated to the installation method, that happened only once on those
machines and were irreproducible on other machines (various Mac OS
versions).

Except for these, the application bundle was working correctly on all machines.
If Wilbert agrees, I think that starting with the next version
Frescobaldi will be distributed also as a downloadable self-contained
Mac application bundle!

Thanks to everyone for taking time to download and test the bundle!
Best wishes.
Davide