Transposing instruments in orchestra score

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Transposing instruments in orchestra score
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 19:44:46 +0200

Hi List,

 I'd like to write a part for a transposing instrument in sounding
pitch, having the score printout in C and the part printout
transposed. As far as I understand the docs, in this case I'd have to
wrap the instrumental part's music into a "\transpose {}" statement
and not using "\transposing". This is quite unfortunate when switching
instruments back and forth in mid-score as the
"addInstrumentDefinition" can't handle this case properly. I guess, I
could write a macro which includes the instrument switch plus the
\transpose, but that means I'd have to wrap all music for the changed
instrument in brackets for each switched part of the music.

Does somebody know how to solve this in a more elegant way? In general
it would be desirable to handle the definition of transposing
instruments just the other way around as it seems to be the case in
lilypond.

--
Orm