Re: Unknown Schumann piece

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Unknown Schumann piece
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 17:38:18 +0200

Am 06.05.2014 17:36, schrieb Peter Toye:
I'm not sure that "for very small people" really describes the piece
well, given the large stretch at the end of bar 4. Or maybe, like
Stravinsky, he forgot that small people have small left hands as well as
right hands.

I think this piece is already more complex than the other of the first pieces. I can imagine that this was the reason to emend the title.

Urs

Another solution - a very small child plays the upper part, and a
slightly more advanced one the lower part, using two hands.  So whether
it's "for two pianists" or "very small people" becomes irrelevant.

Regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com <http://www.ptoye.com>