Re: Mensural ligature

From: Éditions IN NOMINE
Subject: Re: Mensural ligature
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 10:18:44 +0200

Hi Jean-Charles !

Here's what I'm using for black mensural, adapted to your snippet :

\version "2.19.3"

mens = \once \override NoteHead #'style = #'neomensural

blackBrevis = {
\once \override NoteHead  #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
\once \override NoteHead #'text = #(markup #:musicglyph "noteheads.sM3blackligmensural")
}
\relative c''{\cadenzaOn
<<
    \tag #'Urtext {
        \[ \mens d\breve*1/2 \blackBrevis e\breve*3/8 \] f4 g1
    }
    \tag #'Modern {
        d1 e2. f4 g1

Does it match your need ?

Best

---
Jean-Marc LEGRAND
Éditions IN NOMINE

Le , Jean-Charles Malahieude a écrit :
Hi all!

On my way to typeset a mass by Monteverdi, I'm blocked with some
ligatures (see
http://musicofyesterday.com/historical-music-theory/expanded-history-musical-notation-part-4/
for examples)
I can code the first one in its 8th image like this:

  << \tag #'Urtext { \[ d1 e1*3/4 \] }
     \tag #'Modern { d1 e2. } >> f4 g1

but don't find any way to get the E in black.

Thanks for any pointer how to construct this.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles