Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?

From: rif
Subject: Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 09:45:53 -0700

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had a bad experience with the lilypond docs on emacs mode, [...]

My usual reply to such rants: Please report the problems with the
documentation to the mailing list (in case you haven't done so yet; I
didn't follow the discussion close enough to remember) so that we can
improve it!  This is: You should tell us what and where you've
searched, what you've expected, what you've got, and what you are
missing.

    Werner

Werner, that was the first thing I did.  Right here in this thread.  In the very first message.  I listed specifically where I searched, what I expected, what was confusing.  The replies basically said "Ignore the documentation". Can you please reread my first message and let me know what you would've preferred?

I'm happy to spend some time fixing the docs myself when/if I understand what's going on.  I think in the case of emacs, we should perhaps update to mention that the binary distribution includes the .el files and to avoid any mention of "make install", although I guess this is perhaps Mac specific advice?

rif