Re: split system

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: split system
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 21:10:28 -0700

Well, you can use two different scores for the different systems:

\version "2.18.2"

mainPiece = {
  c4 d e f g a b c d c b a g f e d c1
  \bar "||"
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      \relative c' {
        \mainPiece
    \new Staff {
      \clef bass
      \relative c {
        \mainPiece

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      \relative c' {
        c4 \coda c c c \bar "|."
    \new Staff {
      \relative c {
        \clef bass
        \relative c {
          c c c c

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Steven Arntson <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to learn how to set up a coda for a piano piece, which seems
complex to me right now, so I'm breaking the process into parts. Part
one is to figure out how to split the system--ending the regular music,
and starting the coda section--which I think should be done with some
combination of \stopStaff and \startStaff, but I can't get it
working. Am I barking up the right tree?

Thank you!
Steven Arntson