Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:57:10 +0200

Hi again,

I didn't actually tell what the engraver is actually for:
The "autoTranspose"-engraver transposes music automatically, if there
are three context-properties set:
* instrumentTransposition is the pitch, which is set by \transposition
* music-concert-pitch tells whether the music in this context is
provided in concert-pitch (boolean)
* print-concert-pitch tells whether the music shall be printed in
concert-pitch (boolean)

Now, if you set music-concert-pitch to #t and print-concert-pitch to #f,
the music is transposed by instrumentTransposition. There are no extra
transpose{}-constructs needed and \instrumentSwitch may set
'instrumentTransposition.

Cheers, Jan-Peter