Lilypond fonts on Mac (redux)

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Lilypond fonts on Mac (redux)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:50:59 -0500

Switching from 2.16.2 to 2.18.2 resulted in files that previously compiled fine
presenting me with something like:

Running convert-ly didn’t fix it.  The culprit is related to LilyJAZZ.ily;
running convert-ly on this and on the .ly file for this song didn’t fix it.
Commenting out the \include LilyJAZZ.ily resulted in normal rendering.

Then my brain slowly turned over and I remembered that I have had to previously
put the fonts by hand into Lilypond.app > Contents > Resources > share >
lilypond > current > fonts >otf.  Doing so again solved the problem, but this
seems silly to say the least.  Is there a way to make Lilypond find fonts that
are put in the normal locations on my Mac such as /Library/Fonts?