Re: An old claveciniste's notation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: An old claveciniste's notation
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 10:23:26 +0100

I have a general method sorted out for adding simple ornaments not
covered by LilyPond, the code looks like the following example

suspension = ^\markup {\epsfile #X #2
#"/home/rshann/local/share/denemo/actions/bitmaps/suspension.eps"}
 bes'\suspension( a'4.~ ) g'4\prall

and the typeset appearance is as attached - this is a rather crude glyph
hacked using inkscape from the emmentaler fermata glyph and exported as
a file suspension.eps in the named directory.
For those using Denemo this is available in a subdirectory
"Claveciniste" of the ornaments directory, the Denemo display for the
input is as in the second attachement.
I will try to add the pince code as well (as this cannot be done via a
simple markup command) before the next release.
Those not using Denemo are, of course, welcome to extract the file
suspension.eps from the Denemo sources [1] and use it by typing the
LilyPond code in by hand (definition at the top or better in an include
file, then /suspension at each note that needs it)
A nice set of .eps files would be most welcome!
Richard
[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=tree;f=actions/bitmaps;h=26fbd95ba6f3c207552a66592486a82e4c826a86;hb=HEAD