Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 16:39:14 +0200

> And just to be clear, when you see Frescobaldi is easy to install, it looks
> to me like I have to first install Homebrew, then I have to manually install
> XQuartz and and MacTeX [neither of which is packaged with Homebrew], and
> *then* I can just do a "brew install frescobaldi"?

You surely don't need MacTeX (nor any other TeX distribution) to
install and run Frescobaldi.
Why do you think you need to install it?

> Davide Liessi provided a dmg-installer for Frescobaldi 2.0.16 [...]

The application bundle is still experimental and has a couple of
packaging bugs (notably the lack of MIDI support; I'm working on
them): I would be very glad if you could test it (and report any
problems), but you should not rely on it at the moment.
Hopefully with the next version of Frescobaldi (2.0.16) the DMG will
be the preferred Mac distribution.

Best wishes.
Davide