Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?

From: rif
Subject: Re: Any advice for getting emacs working with lilypond on MacOsX?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 10:34:08 -0700

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Davide Liessi <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was attempting to install Fresdcobaldi with Lilypond.  All I can tell you
> is that running a brew install frescobaldi told me I needed MacTeX.

I'm not a Homebrew expert, but probably MacTeX is considered by
Homebrew a dependency of LilyPond itself.
You should install LilyPond from [1] and then install Frescobaldi
through Homebrew with `brew install frescobaldi --without-lilypond`
(see [2] for details).

Well, if people should not use homebrew to install both frescobaldi and lilypond, this should be clearer in the instructions. I have no problem installing lilypond from [1] [I ended up doing just this, and grabbing the frescobaldi dmg], but the homebrew instructions make it seem like installing frescobaldi with or without lilypond are equally blessed. Is this not what is wanted?

rif