Re: MIDI dynamics parsing error

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: MIDI dynamics parsing error
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 11:26:44 +0200

> Knute Snortum <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> My situation is I need to transcribe a crescendo starting without a dynamic
>> marking.  If I put in a \mf then I don't get warning.  If I can hide the
>> dynamic mark, all will be fine.  Is there a \hide syntax that will work?
>
> Anything wrong with
>

> --
> David Kastrup

Omitting the DynamicText.stencil will not cause the Hairpin to start as usual.
Resetting the parent of the Hairpin my work:

\version "2.18.0"

\score
{
  {
    \once \override Hairpin.after-line-breaking =
      #(lambda (grob)
         (let ((dyn-txt (ly:spanner-bound grob LEFT)))
           (ly:grob-set-property! dyn-txt 'stencil #f)
           (ly:spanner-set-bound! grob LEFT (ly:grob-parent dyn-txt X))))
    c'1\mf\> c' c'\!
  }
  \layout {}
  \midi {}