Re: #(ly:expect-warning "")

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: #(ly:expect-warning "")
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 06:46:37 -0500

Hi Simon,

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 5:57 AM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I just tried to suppress a series of expected warnings, but the scheme function seems to suppress only the first of a kind. See attached file. Why is this?

Each call suppresses a single instance, so you need to repeat it for each warning.  I don't know the rationale for this.  In any case, you could put something like this at the head of your file.  I guess copy-and-paste would be equally effective :)

 #(define (suppress message x)

  (let loop ((c x))

    (if (> c 0)

       (begin

        (ly:expect-warning message)

        (loop (1- c))))))

#(suppress "MIDI channel wrapped around" 5)

#(suppress "remapping modulo 16" 5)

Note there's also a warning for expected error NOT encountered.

HTH,

David