Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 18:50:31 +0200

> Hear, hear!  Is the standalone Mac app ready for real use yet?  I thought it
> wasn't.

It is not, indeed.
The main problems are:
- PortMIDI is not included in the bundle, and even if it is included
(with the appropriate option of py2app) Frescobaldi cannot see the
MIDI ports provided by SimpleSynth or FluidSynth;
- it is currently impossible to use convert-ly from the application
bundle: the error I get is different from the one of Tim, and I don't
have a confirmed diagnosis yet, but I suspect that they both are due
to the wrong Python interpreter being invoked.

Actually, apart from these problems, the application bundle is quite usable.
I can't recommend it yet, but I really appreciate people testing it in
everyday use.

Best wishes.
Davide

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-05/msg00265.html