Re: Function for note string to fraction?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Function for note string to fraction?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 12:51:37 +0200

Peter Bjuhr <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Maybe you misunderstood me!? I meant that the
>> So?
>
> Maybe it was me that misunderstood you instead! Did you mean to use
> \note like in your previous example:
>
> \markup { \note { 4. } }
>
> ?
>
> But why should \note-by-number be used for the parts, I didn't follow that?

You want to enter a duration in a simple manner and use it in several
contexts.  One as markup, one as a duration or length.

The suggestion was to let LilyPond see it not as a string but as a
duration and go from there instead of writing your own duration parser.

I don't understand the problem you have with that.

--
David Kastrup