Re: omit time signature when time doesn't change

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: omit time signature when time doesn't change
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 16:33:17 -0700

I know you say you don't want to have the time signatures outside of the variables, but could you expand on why?

\version "2.18.0"

verse = { c2 c2 | c2 c2 | }
verseFirstEnd = { d2 d2 | }
verseSecondEnd = { c2 | }

\relative c'
{
  \time 4/4
  \verse
  \verseFirstEnd
  \verse
  \time 2/4
  \verseSecondEnd
  \time 4/4
  \verse
}

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Carlo Vanoni <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone!

I have a score with some time changes. I'm using variables for the various song section. Each section has it's own time (more useful than declaring it each time there is a time change). What happens is that the time signature will be printed any time it is declared, even when no time changes occurs. Here is a simple example:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.0"

verse = { \time 4/4 c2 c2 | c2 c2 | }
verseFirstEnd = { \time 4/4 d2 d2 | }
verseSecondEnd = { \time 2/4 c2 | }

song = {
    \new Staff
    {
        \relative c'
        {
            \verse  % First measure; print time signature, of course
            \verseFirstEnd  % Same time; I don't wont time signature printed
            \verse  % Same time; I don't wont time signature printed
            \verseSecondEnd  % Time change; print the new time signature
            \verse  % Time change; print the new time signature

\score {
  \song
}

I suppose (didn't tried yet) that I can use the an "omit" command (or similar) to omit it locally, but it is not very useful to operate this way (is just like declaring the time outside the variables when needed).
Is there any command that says "omit all time signature when there is no time changes"?

Thanks!
MIX