Re: Segmented beam to avoid collision

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Segmented beam to avoid collision
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 08:38:38 +0200

I used a filled-box and played around with the layers to partially cover the beam, but not other grobs.
I'm stuck figuring out how to avoid the box covering staff lines.
Here's the layer assignments I have:

  \override Beam.layer = #0
  \override Stem.layer = #3
  \override Accidental.layer = #3
  \override NoteHead.layer = #15
  \override StaffSymbol.layer = #3
  \override TextScript.layer = #1

How do I refer specifically to the staff lines to assign a later layer?

Below is URL to the full piece, attached is the sample where the filled-box covers beam and staff-lines.

Simply add :

\context {

\Score

\override StaffSymbol.layer = #10 % or whatever needed

}

in the layout block and delete StaffSymbol.layer in the preBrokenBeam and postBrokenBeam defs.

Cheers,

Pierre