Re: Whiteout attached to NoteHead

From: James Worlton
Subject: Re: Whiteout attached to NoteHead
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 07:39:57 -0500

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get the whiteout that is attached to the NoteHead to not cover
> the ledger line.

Use \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.layer = #3
This override must be placed at the beginning of the music (when the
Staff is created), or it won't have any effect. You can also use \new
Staff \with { \override LedgerLineSpanner.layer = #3 } which is
probably more elegant.

As for the size of the override, i don't remember any solution.

best,
Janek

Hi Janek,

This does indeed take care of the first question quite nicely. Unfortunately, I still don't know how to resize the whiteout. But Javier's solution appears to be working as long as I override the NoteHead and the TextScript into the same layer.

Thanks!
James W