Re: Problem: incompatible Lilypond and Guile

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem: incompatible Lilypond and Guile
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 01:32:49 +0200

Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> ... Modify configure.ac to use 2.0.9 instead.

> The first thing I noticed is that the nested define shorthand wasn't
> working in many places (even with (use-modules '(ice-9
> curried-definitions))' in lily.scm).

There's your mistake.  curried-definitions is broken.  You need 2.0.10
at least.

> Anyway, it'd be nice to know the major hold-ups and tasks from someone
> who's more familiar with this area.

Nobody is really familiar with this area.  Some work has previously been
done by Ian Hulin and some of that has already been committed, but part
of it is stabbing around in the dark around bugs and undocumented areas
of GUILE 2.

--
David Kastrup