Re: Polymetric notation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Polymetric notation
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 17:25:24 +0200

Francesco Spiga <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone, I apologize for banal question.
>
>  I am in trouble in writing different time signatures with equal measures.
>  Here is the example (it is the Gig from Corelli's sonata n. 10).
>  Where is the mistake?
>  Thank you in advance!
>  F.
>
>  vl = \relative c'' {
>  \time 2/4
>  \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(6 . 8)
>  \scaleDurations #'(2 . 3)
>
>  \clef treble
>  \key f \major
>  \partial 8 c8
>  a4 f8 c'4 f8
>  e4. f4 c8 }
>
>  bs =
>  \relative c {
>  \time 2/4
>
>  \key f \major
>  \clef bass
>  \partial 8 s8
>  f4 f,
>  c' a }
>
>  \score {
>  <<
>
>  \new Staff \vl
>  \new Staff \bs
>
>  >>

>  \layout {
>    }
>  }

Awful formatting.  At any rate,

    \scaleDurations #'(2 . 3) \clef treble

is not going to do a lot.  \scaleDurations only applies to the
immediately following music.  There are a few other oddities.
Personally, I'd rather scale the bass voice than the melody, but that's
probably a matter of taste.  Try

vl = \relative c''  \scaleDurations 2/3
{
  \time 6/8