Re: Problems with "DC al Fine" template

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Problems with "DC al Fine" template
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 06:08:19 -0700

Personally, I'd put the DC below the staff in this situation:

\version "2.18.0"

accords = \chordmode {
  c1 c2 f g c f g g1 c c2 c |
}

alignRight = \once \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
dc = \markup { \tiny \italic "D.C. al Fine" }

melody = \relative c' {
  c'4 c c b |
  c8 b a g f g a f |
  b a g f e f g e |
  a g f e d e f fis |
  g2 g |
  c4 c c d |
  e8 f e d \alignRight c2 _\dc |
}

basePart = <<
  \new ChordNames { \accords }
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice = "melody" { \repeat volta 2 { \melody } }

\score {
  \basePart
  \layout {

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Yann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello !
>
> (I don't include my previous post which can be seen here :
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-05/msg00359.html
> )
>
> Just to say, I solved my issue #1, with the lines numbers, just by
> removing the lines
>
> \consists "Mark_engraver"
> \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver"
>
> and
> \remove "Mark_engraver"
> \remove "Staff_collecting_engraver"
>
> I don't remember why I did put these, maybe I adapted a snippet I
> found somewhere that had them.
>
> Yann

Ok, I was too quick to post, now I remember the reason for these
\consists and \remove statements. I have chords in my template, and I
wanted the "Fine" and "DC" marks to be printed just above the staff
(that is, between the chords and the staff). About this, where would
you put the marks ? Between chords and staff, or above chords ?

But I discovered it can be achieved by keeping the lines related to
"Mark_engraver". the \remove"Staff_collecting_engraver" seems to be
the one messing with the measure number position.

so my (reduced) working example is as follows :
\version "2.18.0"

\paper { #(set-paper-size "a4") }

accords = \chordmode {
  c1 c2 f g c f g g1 c c2 c |
}

melody = \relative c' {
  c'4 c c b |
  c8 b a g f g a f |
  b a g f e f g e |
  a g f e d e f fis |
  g2 g |
  c4 c c d |
  e8 f e d c2\once \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X =
#RIGHT \mark \markup { \tiny \italic "D.C. al Fine" } |
}

% Staves
basePart = <<
  \new ChordNames { \accords }
  \new Staff \with {
    \consists "Mark_engraver"
  } <<
    \new Voice = "melody" { \repeat volta 2 { \melody } }

\book {
  \score {
    \basePart
    \layout {