Re: handbells

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: handbells
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 17:38:02 -0500

Hi again,

Thinking about this some more, I realized that there is a bit of redundant calculation going on: the pitches to be colored are extracted each time the function \colorPitches is called. While the wasted time probably wouldn't be noticeable with the two or three notes a handbell player would have in circulation, it bugs me.  It might be noticeable if you were to do something like color the range held in common between two instrumental parts--don't know why you'd want to, but there it is.

The attached uses a new function \extractPitches which returns a list of the pitches used in a music _expression_.  This might be useful for other purposes.

[BTW, there's a correction in extract-pitches.]

HTH,
David