Re: lilypond has stop working error

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: lilypond has stop working error
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 06:25:02 -0700

It probably is a bug, but it's one of those unrepeatable kind that can't be fixed until someone figures out how to make it happen consistently.

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 5:11 AM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
Knute:
Thank you for the info. I did as you suggested.
I add bar 61, it fails, then I add bar 62; this time it compile. So it compile for bar 63 as well.
Does this constitute a bug?
BTW can you point me to the other thread that you mention. I am interest to read about it.
Emmanuel,
Ming.

On Friday, May 30, 2014 1:14:38 AM, Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 07:26:36PM -0700, MING TSANG wrote:
> Hi, Knute:
> Thank you for your reply. I also has v2.19.7 installed.  When you
> said it works for you, I thought you must have copy the content
> of "include_extract-music.ly" in line.   So I comment out the
> \include statement and copy the content in-line.  This time it
> compile clean, but when I un-comment the \include & remove the
> in-line content, and compile gives me the "lilypond stop working"
> error.  I have no idea what's wrong.  I have to stop transcribing
> the rest of the score.  I could have using the content of the
> \include and continue transcribe the balance of the score.  I
> wonder why this happen. I have not encounter the problem of
> \include before. Any idea?

This could be the same problem that was discussed in another thread.
I occasionally get a failure with 2.19.x and got them with 2.17.x.
I would just add some more notes and the problem would disappear (the
music would compile fine.)

My code would always be too big and removing anything to try to create a
minimal example would cause the code to compile fine.  So just try to add
some more notes and see if the problem goes away.

HTH

Paul Scott