Re: Separate pedal staff shifts notes in music staves

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Separate pedal staff shifts notes in music staves
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 07:10:16 +0200

To reproduce the behaviour you just have to extend on staff. e.g. the first stuff:

  \new Staff \relative c''{
    \time 6/4
    <<
      { c2.( d2) d4 | c2.( d2) d4 | }
      \\
      { g,2. a | g2. a |}

    c1. c c c c c c c
  }

Regards
Helge

Am 02.06.2014 04:27, schrieb Javier Ruiz-Alma:
I have Pedal markings on a separate 'dynamics" staff within a PianoStaff

I need to place a sustainOff between 5th and 6th beats (on 6/4 time).
If I place the sustainOff on the 5th beat, the 6 quarter notes in the bass are
kept at equal distances, however, if I place the sustainOff after the 5th beat,
the note column of the 6th beat is shifted left.

I'm attaching images of the typesetting:

PedalStaff1.png (equal beat spacing when sustainOff placed on 5th beat):
s1\sustainOn s4 s4\sustainOff

PedalStaff2.png (compressed 6th beat when sustainOff placed after 5th beat):
{s1\sustainOn s8. s16\sustainOff s4}, or {s1\sustainOn s8 s8\sustainOff s4}

I tried to replicate with a tiny example, but I can't replicate this shifting
behavior :

\version "2.18.2"
\new PianoStaff
<<
\new Staff \relative c''{
\time 6/4
<<{ c2.( d2) d4 | c2.( d2) d4 | } \\
{ g,2. a | g2. a |}

}
\new Staff \relative c'{
\clef bass
c4( ees f,ees'g f)
c4( ees f,ees'g f)
}
\new Dynamics {
\time 6/4
s1\sustainOn s4 s4\sustainOff
s1\sustainOn s8. s16\sustainOff s4
}

The issue does occur in bar78 in the following score:
https://gist.github.com/dominicus/8085e4d3e8692ca64d27

Any ideas as to why a separate pedal staff may influence the note columns in
other staves?

Javier Ruiz-Alma