Re: lilypond and multithreading

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: lilypond and multithreading
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 10:39:15 +0200

Hello folks,

Going from a sequential application to a parallel one is far from trivial, and
this would need in-depth knowledge of the code architecture.
It’s my understanding that there are successive phases involved in LP, and
that's not good news for parallelization.

And there’s Guile in the loop: do we have an estimation of the fraction of the
time spend in Guile when using LP for typical scores? This amount of time will
probably be incompressible.

JM