Re: Notes engraved in weird order

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Notes engraved in weird order
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:31:13 +0200

tisimst <address@hidden> writes:

> Mark,
>
> Not sure if it's an artifact of using an older version, but using the
> current 2.18.2 gives me consistent ordering regardless of the number of
> times:
>
> Drawing systems...
> Notes: (-10 9 -12 11 -3 -5 -7 2 4 0 7 5)
> Notes: (-10 9 -12 11 -3 -5 -7 2 4 0 7 5)
>
> This doesn't mean that it's the _right_ order, but at least it's consistent.

I've changed a few sorting routines that figured out duplicates by first
sorting according to memory address and then comparing and removing
adjacent elements, keeping the resulting order.

Since memory allocation is basically unpredictable, I made sure at some
cost that instead the _original_ order was retained.  That way the
results may still be arbitrary but at least consistent.

I suspect that some of these changes will be responsible for your
observations.

--
David Kastrup