Re: SystemStartBracket/Brace

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: SystemStartBracket/Brace
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 15:54:53 -0400 (EDT)

Please *never* take the mailing list off the cc without announcement.
If people notice this after the fact, it means that they have to search
in their archives for the message and resend a copy to the mailing
list.  In this case, I resent the wrong message again.

It's a lot of hassle for the person involved, and it also means that you
think you, but not the mailing list, is entitled to further responses.

i see my mistake.  Thanks for pointing it out.  From here on out, i'll always use the "Reply All" button.  i had never intended to remove the group from the cc.

It either collapses (which means it disappears) or not.  If it doesn't
collapse, it spans all of the enclosing staves.

collapse-height is the most singularly uselessly defined property
I encountered so far.  It's main use is to avoid braces when one of two
grouped voices is removed because of the remove-first property, but its
definition causes, for example, bass tablature clefs (4 strings) and
guitar tablature clefs (6 strings) to look differently.

The unit should likely be "staves" for some reasonable definition of
"staff" rather than "height in xxx units".

But as long as that is its definition...

NOW i understand.  Thank you, again.