\cadenzaOff resets accidentals too late

From: James Harkins
Subject: \cadenzaOff resets accidentals too late
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 17:20:49 +0800

This smells like a bug to me:

\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\relative c' {
 \cadenzaOn
 a4 b cs d    % accidental is printed
 \cadenzaOff
 \bar "||" % \time 4/4
 e d cs b    % accidental is NOT printed -- huh??
 a b cs d    % accidental is printed
}

I'm aware that \cadenzaOn will remember accidentals for the entire duration of the cadenza. But, I would expect, when the cadenza ends and metered music resumes, that the accidentals in force would be cleared. Any notes in the subsequent bar that require accidentals would be printed with accidentals, even if the same accidental appeared in the cadenza.

In fact, the accidentals are not cleared until the next bar (second bar after the cadenza ends).

If I were writing only for C instruments, I would just work around it by forcing the missing accidentals by "!". Unfortunately for this case, it's an A clarinet part. The accidental is required in the C score, but not required for the transposed part. This means that the workaround involves tagging notes, so that the score will use "cs!" and the part, just "cs". Irritating.

There may be some technical reason for the current behavior, but it means that "normal" input produces incorrect output... so I think, bug.

hjh