Re: conditional markup

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: conditional markup
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 11:08:22 +0200

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 14. Juni 2014 um 16:56:36 Uhr (+0200) schrieb David Kastrup:
> Notice the - before the markup, turning this into a post-event.

Thanks, that was the missing link. I had tried define-event-function
and got stuck as it appeared to be pre-event.

BTW: This meaning of the error message is unclear to me:

> > Parsing...
> > /tmp/markup-def.ly:11:20: error: music function cannot return (#<procedure
> > line-markup (layout props args)> (Test))
> > \relative c' { a'^
> >                    \sMarkup "Test" }

Does it complain, that a music function cannot return at all or that
it should return something different from a procedure?

I had tried to define a scheme function consing the markup in font of
the articulation slot of a note event, but I'm not sure whether this
is general enough for any context, a markup could be applied to (like
e.g. a chord). Unfortunately lilypond's engine is still quite a
mystery to me and despite the excellent documentation I couldn't find
the right entry point for understanding it (yet)... but that is
probably also related to missing time on my side.

--
Orm