Re: Custom accidental style (for cadenza)?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Custom accidental style (for cadenza)?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:00:16 -0500

Hi James,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:06 AM, James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:
TL;DR version of the question: How could I define an accidental style that behaves mostly like neo-modern, but also avoids repeating accidentals within a beamed group?

[...]

A nice middle ground between "remember accidentals for the whole cadenza" and "remember accidentals only from the immediately preceding note" would be to remember accidentals within a beamed group. Is there any way to hack this up in scheme, say?

Thanks,
hjh

I don't know if this will give you what you want with the Frescobaldi cadenza, but maybe it's helpful...

The attached should do accidentals purely by beamed group.  For it to work properly, you need to set accidental-style to dodecaphonic.

Issues:
--You can't force an accidental with "!".   Perhaps a property 'force-accidental might be created?
--You'll get repeated accidentals with immediate repetition and no beams (i.e., a succession of quarter notes).  Strict application of accidentals-by-beamed-group...

Hope you find a use for this!

--David