Re: music

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: music
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:59:25 -0700

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 00:39:17 +0200
> From: Hans Aberg <address@hidden>
> To: keira mccook <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: music
>
> On 17 Jun 2014, at 18:12, keira mccook <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I have dyslexia and i find it hard to read sheet music.I am starting uni in
> > September to study music. I've been instructed to improve my reading but it
> > seems impossible.is there any way you can help.
>
> You need to figure out what you need, perhaps from forums like [1],
> where some give a number of helping suggestions, and LilyPond might
> be able to do some; others say that music reading training will be
> enough. Yet others point out it heavily depends on the individual.
>
> 1.
http://www.violinist.com/discussion/response.cfm?ID=9023

Keira,

Based on the discussion I perused at the link Hans provided, Lilypond might be able to help the dyslexic musician through the use of color:

Check out "Coloring notes depending on their pitch" as a starting point at http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/snippets/pitches

Of course Lilypond is very flexible, and once you have the music entered (the hard part) you can adjust things like sizes and spacing, if that can help, too.

Just my 2 cents. I am not an expert.

Tim