Bad rest placements?

From: steve
Subject: Bad rest placements?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:55:43 -0400

   Howdy?

          So I have been working on an engraving and had 80% of it finished
when I decided I needed another voice. I added it and it solved my voicing
issue, but it completely ruined ALL of my previous rests which were fine
before. I don't see why these rests should be so badly out of position???

  http://www.gooeytar.com/projects/test/test4.pdf
  http://www.gooeytar.com/projects/test/test4.ly

      They rests in voicethree are way out! Sure I could use  "\rest"  for
each one but shouldnt
this just work??

  Here is a minimal reduction of the problem.  Ideas?  thanx - steve

\version "2.18.0"

 global = {
    \time 3/4
    \key e \major
    \clef "G_8"
 }

 voiceone = \relative c' {
    \repeat volta 1 {
        \partial 4 { e'16_\p b gis' e } |
        b'4 r gis,16 e b' gis |
        e'4 r gis,,16 e b' gis |
        < a fis' >4 < gis e' >

 voicetwo = \relative c' {
    s4
    \repeat unfold 2 { s2. } s2
 }

 voicethree = \relative c {
    \stemDown
    \repeat volta 1 {
    \partial 4 s4 |
    r4 < e gis b > r | r4 < e, e' gis > r |
    e2

 guitar = << \voiceone \\ \voicetwo \\ \voicethree >>

 \score {
    \new Staff { << \global \guitar >> }
    \layout { }