temporarily disable Dot_column_engraver?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: temporarily disable Dot_column_engraver?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 18:25:55 -0700

Normally, the dots on dotted notes in different voices
should be aligned (hence the Dot_column_engraver), but when
one of the voices is engraved in a smaller notation size,
the standard practice seems to be to discard the usual
alignment, so that the dot on the smaller note is not so far
from its note head.

The attached scans demonstrate this; they are taken from:

  Franz Liszt: Chasse-neige (measure 4)
    no.12 from Etudes d’Exécution Transcendante
      Breitkopf & Härtel, 1910-11
      Peters, 1913-1917

To achieve this in LilyPond, at first I thought to just move
the Dot_column_engraver out of the Staff context and into
the Voice contexts.  That worked perfectly, except that if I
need subsequent dots to be aligned, they won't be.  Is there
some override to tell LilyPond: In this voice, stop using
the staff's Dot_column_engraver, and start using the Voice's
*own* Dot_column_engraver, which I could then revert when
I'm done with the small notes?  If not, is there some way to
implement this (without manual tweaks, of course)?

Thanks!
- Mark

\version "2.19.9"

\score {